HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) - The threat of severe weather has forced closings or cancelations in the area.
- Bethel High School's graduation will continue at the Coliseum, however, the doors will open early at 5:30 p.m. for anyone wanting to avoid the weather. Because of high winds, it may not be televised live, but it will be taped.
Fort Monroe's Music by the Bay Concert is canceled for tonight.
James City County
All JCC county offices are closing one hour early due to the impending severe weather.
- Town Hall meeting scheduled for tonight canceled.
- The Citizen Flood Awareness Informational Meeting has been rescheduled for June 20 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Titustown Recreational Center.
- NSU closing at 5 p.m. Classes canceled at 6 p.m.
- One lane on each of the northbound and southbound routes of Bennett's pasture Road in Suffolk are closed for Dominion Virginia Power crews to work on downed power lines. The street is closed at 304 Capitol Street for the same reason.
- Boardwalk Art Show with close early at 5 p.m.
- First Colonial High School Graduation Ceremony postponed until 8:30 p.m. (students should report to the Convention Center by 7:45 p.m.
- York River Academy's graduation ceremony for Thursday at 6 p.m. has been postponed to Saturday, June 14 at 2 p.m. in the middle school auditorium.
There's plenty of business to be had along Hampton Roads waterways, but one family says a neighboring company's "floating junkyard" is becoming an eyesore, scaring people away and causing environmental concerns.
A Norfolk man was sentenced to more than two life prison terms for sexually abusing a teenager multiple times.
A suspected burglar will likely go to jail as soon as he's released from a local hospital. He's being treated for a gunshot wound; police say the victim shot him.
A new $40 million community center is set to open in Norfolk, promising family, fitness and fun.
Chesapeake Police need help solving a theft involving golf carts.
Five finalists have been announced for fire chief in Newport News, and the public will be able to ask them questions at separate forums.
Residents in the Northern Neck, Middle Peninsula and Accomack County areas may see a winter mix Tuesday afternoon.