VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) -
About 75 guests were evacuated from a Virginia Beach hotel after a carbon monoxide exposure Wednesday.
Battalion Chief Tim Riley with the Virginia Beach Fire Department said firefigthers were dispatched to the Home Wood Suites located at 5733 Cleveland St. for a report of an unusual odor. Upon arrival, they found high levels of carbon monoxide on several floors of the hotel.
After the evacuation, firefighters found a faulty natural gas heater on the roof. The heater was placed out of service until repairs could be made.
About three hours later, carbon monoxide levels reached a safe level after the hotel was ventilated. Guests stayed at neighboring hotels.
The hotel did not have carbon monoxide detectors, because they were not required at the time of the hotel was built. Riley said the hotel was back in operation.
A man is facing attempted abduction charges after police said he tried to grab two juvenile girls and exposed himself.
A lawsuit has been filed on behalf of more than 2,000 EMTs and paramedics who were abruptly laid off over the weekend.
The Portsmouth City Council has set a public hearing for Tuesday, Dec. 17, to talk about a plan to bring a casino to the city.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation said work to secure the Bonner Bridge could take anywhere from a week to 90 days.
WAVY News 10's Andy Fox sat down with outgoing Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell for a one-on-one interview.
A van crashed into a house in Virginia Beach Wednesday, and fire officials said an elderly driver was behind the wheel.
A 12-year-old student was arrested and charged with making a threat against a Hampton middle school.