NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) - Fans will choose which local youth baseball field will undergo a renovation by the Norfolk Tides.
The Norfolk Tides are hosting the contest on their Facebook page. Thirteen local fields are in the running:
- Nansemond River Pony Baseball, Suffolk
- Virginia Beach Little League, Virginia Beach
- Suffolk Youth Athletic Association, Suffolk
- Kempsville Pony Baseball, Virginia Beach
- Little Creek Pony Baseball, Norfolk
- Cradock Little League, Portsmouth
- Chesapeake Little League, Chesapeake,
- Holland Athletic Association, Suffolk
- Cascade Park, Chesapeake
- Phoebus Little League, Hampton
- Warwick Little League, Newport News
- Southern Chesapeake Athletic Association, Chesapeake
- Windsor Athletic Association, Windsor
The winning field will undergo a makeover to include an upgrade of the playing surface and improvements to existing dugouts.
Voting will end at 4 p.m. Friday, March 1 and the winner will be announced Monday, March 4. To vote, click here and ‘like' the picture of the field you think should be renovated.
A North Carolina man was arrested in Suffolk Saturday morning, accused of raping a woman he knew.
Two people are seriously injured after a four-vehicle crash in Suffolk Monday night.
KelsKids and Team River Runners Virginia Beach joined forces to help kids with disabilities and wounded veterans. They had a day of fun in the pool at Virgina Wesleyan College.
Newport News Police have arrested a man officers say drove into the wall of a car wash not once, but twice, and they're thanking WAVY for helping.
The man who spent many years at the controls of Chopper 10 is itching to fly again. Pilot John Massey desperately needed a liver transplant. He was very thankful to get one days a couple weeks before Thanksgiving.
What's the most important transportation project in Hampton Roads? Lawmakers announced a new standard Monday that will help answer that question and decide where state transportation funding goes.
Police say two people were injured in a shooting at the Arbor Reach apartment complex in Portsmouth Monday evening.