(WAVY) - No matter which candidate you're voting for, we're on your side with everything you need to know to be prepared for Election Day.
You must have identification to vote.
- Virginia voter registration card
- Valid Virginia driver's license
- Military ID
- Federal, Virginia state or local government-issued ID
- Employer issued photo ID card
- Concealed handgun permit
- Valid student ID issued by any institution of higher education located in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Current utility bill, bank statement, government check or paycheck indicating the name and address of the voter
- Social Security card (*please see below as the social security card does not satisfy special federal ID requirements)
A voter who does not bring an acceptable ID to the polls will be offered a provisional ballot. Chesapeake Voter Registrar Al Spradlin explained to WAVY.com, "It will be placed in a sealed envelope and it won't be opened until we have your ID. Now you have until noon on Friday to provide us with an ID if you vote provisional."
If you applied for an absentee ballot and are going instead to vote in person, you must bring the absentee ballot with you.
- Live Election Results
- Live Expert Analysis
- Live coverage of political speeches
- Live polling
A portion of Dominion Boulevard in Chesapeake is shut down as part of an emergency closure.
A horse that was reported missing in Elizabeth City has been found dead.
The Coast Guard medevaced two people off Hatteras Island Thursday morning following the closure of the Bonner Bridge.
The Hampton and Division of Fire and Rescue is offering safety tips to reduce the chance of a fire in your home this holiday season.
A woman will have to stay with family members after a fire at her townhouse in Chesapeake Thursday morning.
A 35-year-old Currituck County firefighter is under arrest after a recording device was discovered in the women's bunk at his station.
A Virginia Beach man will serve 15 years in prison for charges related to two armed bank robberies in 2011.