NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.
The New York Daily News reports that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.
The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.
That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.
The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.
Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Police arrested a man on charges of drunk in public and possession of marijuana Saturday.
A Virginia Beach pizza chain was robbed Sunday night.
The organizer of a 5K that never happened was sentenced to 30 days in jail for taking money from hopeful racers.
Airports in the Washington region are urging passengers to check on their flights before heading to the airports as some flights have been delayed or canceled because of winter weather.
Congressman Bobby Scott is traveling to South Africa to attend the memorial service for Nelson Mandela.
A Newport News mother was arrested on a charge of child neglect after her son was found alone Saturday, according to police.
A parade float caught fire at an Oceanfront parade on Dec. 7, 2013.