Updated: Wednesday, 06 Feb 2013, 7:13 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 06 Feb 2013, 7:13 PM EST
NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) - Norfolk State coach Pete Adrian welcomed 18 new recruits. Nine on defense, eight on offense plus a kicker --all but one are from Virginia, including wide receiver James Church from Salem.
"If I had to describe it in one word, it would be athletic and the second word I'd use would be speed," Head Coach Pete Adrian said. "That's exactly what we are looking for at every position and we certainly increased our size at different positions across the board and just the athleticism will help our special teams. I would rank it as one of our top recruiting classes since I've been here."
2013 NSU Football Signees
1. Chris Alaniz, OL, 6-3, 290, Winchester, Va./James Wood HS
2. Jay Anderson, LB, 6-2, 220, Richmond, Va./L.C. Bird HS
3. Marquis Brown, RB, 5-10, 185, Madison Heights, Va./Amherst County HS
4. James Church, WR, 6-1, 200, Virginia Beach, Va./Salem HS
5. Shakeem Copeland, RB, 5-9, 200, Woodbridge, Va./Gar-Field HS
6. Demetreus Ferebee, TE, 6-4, 225, Roanoke, Va./Northside HS
7. Collin Frazer, DB, 5-11, 180, Woodbridge, Va./Alfred State CC (N.Y.)
8. Harry Freeman, DB/WR, 6-2, 185, Norfolk, Va./Lake Taylor HS
9. Donte Haynesworth, DB, 6-0, 175, Mechanicsville, Va./Hanover HS
10. Gabe Hollins, OL, 6-4, 310, Virginia Beach, Va./Cox HS
11. James Jones, DL, 6-4, 295, Alexandria, Va./E.C. Glass HS
12. T.C. Livingston, LB, 6-3, 190, Suffolk, Va./King’s Fork HS
13. Cameron Marouf, K/P, 5-10, 180, Woodbridge, Va./Forest Park HS
14. Jacob Mazgajewski, OL, 6-6, 260, Yorktown, Va./Grafton HS
15. Jonathan Okafor, LB, 6-3, 215, Woodbridge, Va./Forest Park HS
16. Leroy Parker, DB, 6-2, 190, Miami, Fla./North Miami Beach HS
17. Jason Stewart, QB, 6-2, 205, Lorton, Va./Dodge City CC (Kan.) (already enrolled)
18. Brandon Walker, DB, 6-3, 200, Richmond, Va./L.C. Bird HS
Opinions that are derogatory, attack other users or are offensive in nature may be removed. WAVY is not responsible for the content posted in this comment section. We reserve the right to remove any offensive or off-topic remark or thread. To mark a comment for review by a moderator, click "Flag as inappropriate."