Updated: Friday, 12 Oct 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 12 Oct 2012, 2:22 PM EDT
NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) - A 24-year-old man has been charged with shooting a teen in the face along a Newport News street Tuesday evening.
Lou Thurston with the Newport News Police Department said officers arrested Ronald Coleman Ausby, Jr. of Newport News in connection to the shooting death of Malik Nigel Lewis, 18. Lewis, who was from New York, had been staying with family members.
Police were called to the 600 block of Arbor Court for a report of shots fired in the area. Lewis was found lying close to a wooded area with multiple gunshot wounds to the face, back and arm.
He was transported to a local hospital and pronounced dead around 7 p.m.
Ausby has been charged with murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. Thurston said the motive involved an "ongoing dispute."
Opinions that are derogatory, attack other users or are offensive in nature may be removed. WAVY is not responsible for the content posted in this comment section. We reserve the right to remove any offensive or off-topic remark or thread. To mark a comment for review by a moderator, click "Flag as inappropriate."