Updated: Monday, 28 Dec 2009, 2:37 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 24 Dec 2009, 9:26 AM EST
PORTSMOUTH, Va. - The holidays are a time to give and to receive. Amy Volk
addresses the "receiving" part today.
Talk about the influx of stuff! Right now, the presents are wrapped neatly under the tree. After tomorrow, Christmas Day, they will just be a pile of stuff.
So how do you control the chaos?
Amy Volk with Simplified Living is here with help!
1) Purge 5 items from kids' rooms.
2) Give each person a bag to stuff wrapping in.
3) Once you are done with unwrapping, begin to unpackage the toys. Keep stuffing the packaging into the bags.
4) Instead of leaving toys and gifts around the tree, move them to their areas. This gets the clutter out of the main living area.
5) Kids' rooms/playroom:
*Containerize like items. Use small, clear, stackable bins labeled with words and pictures.
*Make use of vertical space with shelves for the containers.
*Consider under-the-bed storage containers.
6) Limit how much stocking stuffer-type stuff you buy. It ends up being junk that you throw out later and you have spent money on.
For more tips from Amy, CLICK HERE!