PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WVBT) - Since it's Labor Day, we thought it would be a great time to discuss working with the Career Engineer Francina Harrison.
Concept: You can't sell what you don't know. Ask yourself these questions:
- What are three to five reasons someone should hire you?
- What are your strengths? What are your limitations?
- How can you help an employer increase their business?
Execution: Plan your work and work your plan
- Low tech: Phonebook, walk the street, job centers, friends and past employers, networking
- High tech: LinkedIn, Facebook, TwitterJobs, boutique and tTargeted Networking
- Online Job Search Engines: TCEJobStop, SimpleHired.com , Jobcentral.com Indeed.com , Snagajob.com , Dice.com , prjobforce.com
Connections: "It's not who you know, it's who knows you."
- TCE 1st Tuesday (open to the public), 757 Career & Biz Meetup (Ashley's Bistro, 6: 30 p.m.)
- Get involved, get connected: (PTA, professional networks, social networks, TCE network)
Learn more about The Career Engineer visit www.TceNow.com or send her an email at email@example.com .