Halloween's the perfect time for creepy, crawly treats. A few recipes are below to help you create special treats to tingle your tastebuds.
1) Take some medium/large mushrooms and remove the stems. Put them in a pan and bake (350 degrees) just until they lose their crunch. (Don't over cook or they will shrink and lose their water.) Allow them to cool.
2) Place tops on pan so that the hole where the stem was connected is facing up. Fill the hole with a ball of cream cheese (you can add garlic and/or diced water chestnuts for flavor or crunch). Put a single slice of black olive in the center of each ball. Use paprika to draw in veins radiating from the center.
Soft caramel candies
1) Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
2) Cut licorice into small pieces.
3) Use your hands to flatten each caramel into a small oval.
4) Press bits of licorice onto half of the flattened caramels to make legs. Top each with a second caramel and press edges to seal.
5) Put on prepared baking sheet.
6) Put chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High about one minute. Stir and then microwave on High one minute longer.
7) Remove from oven and stir until melted.
8) Spoon melted chocolate over each candy. Decorate with nuts and candy.
1 (12 Oz.) Pkg chocolate chips
1 medium can chow mein noodles (may not need all of them)
1 package M+M's. Plain Chocolate Candy
1) Melt chocolate in microwave. Stir in noodles.
2) Drop by spoonsful onto waxed paper. Add 2 M+M's for spider eyes.
NOTE: Add 2 to 4 tablespoons water, if needed, to thin the chocolate.
Double Delicious Halloween Bars
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 Oz.) Can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 Oz.) Package milk chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for glass dish).
2) In 13 x 9 inch baking pan, melt margarine in oven. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over margarine; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Top with chips, press down firmly.
3) Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
4) Cool. Cut into bars.